Professional Spanish Revival Interior Designer
The Spanish Revival style became increasingly popular in California during the 1920s. Most of this inspiration came out of the Panama-California Exposition, a fair held in San Diego from 1915 through 1917 that celebrated the Spanish Baroque, Spanish Colonial, and Moorish Revival styles.
Decorating Den Interiors’ design experts can help you fill your home with the beauty and warmth of the Spanish Revival style. With our years of experience and our extensive catalog of materials, Decorating Den makes it easy for you to incorporate traditional elements indicative of Spanish Revival into your interior design.
Characteristics of Spanish Revival
White stucco walls, red terracotta roofing, wrought iron gates, and window grilles are just a few of the common features you’ll find throughout the Spanish Revival style.
- Wooden Beams. Incorporating wood beams throughout furnishings or decorative ceiling accents can add a warm, rustic feel to a space.
- Stucco. From the walls to kitchen hoods and fireplaces, stucco is very common throughout Spanish Revival design. This design element adds a rich Mediterranean vibe to rooms like kitchens, dining rooms, and dens.
- Hand-Painted Tile. Whether they’re used to create a kitchen backsplash or to adorn the risers of steps, colorful Catalina style tiles are indicative of Spanish Revival design. Their vibrant colors and unique combination of glossy and matte finishes add depth to any room they decorate.
- Niches & Alcoves. Think reading nooks in living rooms, inset shelving units around entertainment centers, and small niche crowns above fireplaces.
- Dark Wood. Rich, dark wood tones are common in the Spanish Revival style. From door and window trim to baseboards, flooring, and furnishings, deep, dark brown wood can be utilized throughout a space.
Decorating Den Interiors proudly serves Sanibel & Captiva Island, Fort Myers, and Cape Coral.
Ready to Get Your Project Started?
Decorating Den Interiors helps create beautiful and unique living spaces.
Let us help you with your next big project!